- Poste : Archivist / Archiviste.
- Employeur : Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) – Westminster, London, UK / Institution des ingénieurs en mécanique – Londres, Westminster (Royaume-Uni).
- Offre : Permanent Contract / Recrutement contractuel : CDI.
- Date limite de candidature : 12 avril 2019.
- Date de prise de poste : As soon as possible / Dès que possible.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the engineering profession since 1847. We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We’re now looking for an Archivist to join our team in Westminster and help us to provide an outstanding resource to the mechanical engineering and wider research community.
This is the ideal role for a proven archive professional to manage our Archive, to develop access and to promote our holdings. We have an impressive history, a long tradition and a fine reputation throughout our sector. With this comes an extensive institutional archive, alongside personal and business archives of engineers and companies. As such, this is a superb opportunity to work with a large, varied collection and manage the processes surrounding it, as well as to set strategic goals and deliver related projects.
POSTE & MISSIONS :
Ref : IMechE14.
As our Archivist, you will be tasked with managing our archive of documents, artworks, photographs, digitised assets, technical drawings, models and artefacts.
You’ll provide support to external researchers and internal stakeholders and manage the procedures and policies surrounding the Archive.
Your role will also involve :
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of care of the collections including cataloguing to ISAD(G), appraisal, accessions, loans, conservation, storage, use, enquiries and promotion.
- Managing digitisation including dealing with digital assets and managing and developing our online presence.
- Working with a number of databases including DS Calm.
- Supporting a number of projects such as online exhibitions and marketing campaigns.
- Managing external relationships with donors and partners.
Other organisations may call this role Archive Manager or Archive Officer.
Conditions d’exercice :
- Job Type : Permanent Contract / Recrutement : Contrat à durée indéterminée.
- Start Date : ASAP / Poste à pourvoir dès que possible.
- Salary : c£32,000 / Rémunération annuelle : environ 32 000 Livres Sterling.
- Location/Lieu de travail : IMechE, Westminster, London, UK.
The Benefits :
- Salary of c£32,000.
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays.
- Stakeholder pension scheme.
- Private health cover.
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies.
- Life assurance (three times annual salary).
- Continuous training and development opportunities.
About You : To be considered for our Archivist, you will need :
- Experience of working in an archive, ideally as a lone-archivist or part of a small team.
- A working knowledge of current Intellectual Property Rights (especially copyright), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other information sector relevant legislation. In addition to a working knowledge of ISAD(G).
- Strong experience of all aspects of archive work, with good time management skills and a thorough attention to detail. You will need have a flexible and pro-active approach.
- Effective customer service, with strong communication and engagement skills.
- The ability to manage and learn how to use a range of databases and online tools.
- A degree or post-graduate qualification recognised by The Archives and Records Association
- Project management experience would be beneficial to your application.
- Experience with DS CALM would also be an advantage, as would experience of, or an interest in, working in technical, architectural or business archives.
- Apply online / Postuler en ligne (voir l’offre sur le site Emploi de The Institution of Mechanical Engineers) : cliquer sur le bouton « Apply Online ».
- Live On Site Until : 12 avril 2019 11:59 PM / Annonce disponible en ligne jusqu’à : 12 avril 2019 à 11h59.
- Applications Close : 12 avril 2019 / Date limite de candidature : 12 avril 2019.
- We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant ; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply.
- An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Source : Institution of Mechanical Engineers.