- Poste : Archive Collections Officer / Responsable des collections d’archives.
- Employeur : Burberry, Department Brand Experience – London, UK / Burberry, Département Expérience de marque – Londres (Royaume-Uni).
- Offre : recrutement contractuel : CDI.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
To ensure Burberry’s archive and collections are safeguarded for the next 163 years, we are currently looking for a dedicated Archive Collections Officer.
POSTE & MISSIONS :
The Archive Collections Officer will manage the archive collections and departmental operations to ensure the assets are safeguarded accordingly and we are efficient in our processes.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for collections management across all archive spaces working with an array of media including apparel, accessories, objects and paper ensuring that assets are appropriately stored and preserved for the long-term undertaking risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Responsible for the CMS system including updates.
- Closely monitor and raise any conservation concerns with line manager and if required, seek professional services e.g. pest control.
- Responsible for acquisitions for the archive collection from the business working with the key stakeholders across the Company.
- Manage the cataloguing process ensuring the records align with agreed business format with corresponding imagery.
- Manage workflows undertaken at the offsite Archive in Blyth and undertake regular site visits.
- Manage the archive’s movement of all assets between different locations ensuring they align with business regulations.
- Conduct research and answer any queries as directed by the Brand Curator, Archive & Historical Knowledge.
- Manage the procurement of archive supplies for all sites with regular inventories
- Responsible for regular checks on agreed platforms (e.g. EBay) for archive procurement with an awareness of current market value and collection policy remit.
- Support any archive project as requested.
- Be the point for all Purchase Orders for the department and keep a track of spend.
- Manage work experience or volunteers within the department.
- Communicate efficiently with appropriate tone in all written and verbal communications.
- Produce weekly reporting.
- Document upcoming exhibitions, sales, auctions, the brand timeline and any other archive/industry related announcements.
- Attend all team briefings and meetings and weekly catch-ups.
- To support any related archive requirements.
- To carry out any additional duties as directed by the Archivist.
Conditions d’exercice :
- Recrutement : contrat à durée indéterminée.
- Ensure the department is always available and responds to any enquires during regular business hours (Monday – Friday: 9 – 17:30).
- Holidays are not taken at crucial times throughout the year.
- Willing and flexible to travel.
- Location (Lieu de travail) : Burberry, Department Brand Experience, London, United Kingdom.
Personal profile :
- Bachelor level Degree in Business or History studies.
- Awareness of the luxury fashion industry.
- Adaptable to a busy and changing environment.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and projects.
- Awareness of luxury fashion industry.
- Will demonstrate outstanding professionalism in both attitude and conduct.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with enthusiasm for new tasks and opportunities.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent rapport building skills.
- High level of commitment to customer service.
- Interest in History and related studies.
Knowledge, skills and experiece :
- Minimum 3 years working in collections management.
- Proven fluency in CMS systems.
- PC literate (Office 2010: Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook/The Bridge).
- Digitally savvy.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong research abilities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills working to tight deadlines.
- Pro-active and results driven approach.
- Brand awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Apply on line / Postuler en ligne (site Carrières de Burberry) : cliquer sur le bouton « Apply Now ».
Source : Burberry.