- Poste : Local History Officer / Agent.e d’histoire locale.
- Employeur : Culture Perth and Kinross, Service of Museums and Collections, Section Archives and Local and Family History, Perth, Scotland (UK) / Direction culturelle du Conseil territorial de Perth et Kinross, Service des Musées et des Collections, Pôle des Archives et de l’Histoire familiale locale – Perth, Écosse (Royaume-Uni).
- Offre : 12 months fixed term position, 21 hours pw / Recrutement contractuel : CDD de 1 an à temps partiel.
- Date limite de candidature : 5pm Sunday 10 March 2019 / 10 mars 2019 à 17h.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
Culture Perth and Kinross is a vibrant Cultural charity providing Library, Archive and Museum services across Perth and Kinross.
We are looking for a Local History Officer to contribute to the development and delivery of Perth and Kinross Local and Family History Service.
POSTE & MISSIONS :
- Reports to : Archivist (Senior Officer for Archives and Local and Family History).
- Responsible for : Staff and resources within the Local and Family History Department.
You should be capable and enthusiastic with a keen interest in local and family history, and committed to providing excellent customer service. The successful candidate will be part of a small team delivering a wide range of Archive and Local and Family History services across Perth and Kinross.
Job Purpose :
- Responsible for the co-ordination, delivery and development of Local and Family History collections and services across Perth and Kinross.
- To work closely with the Assistant Archivist to develop and deliver a customer-focussed Archives and Local & Family History Service for Perth and Kinross.
- To develop key partnerships with local, national and international heritage organisations to maximise the potential of the Local and Family History collections.
- To contribute to Culture Perth and Kinross’ public programming, including planning, developing and coordinating exhibitions based on the collections, and coordinating touring, community and independent exhibitions within the exhibition space at AK Bell Library.
Main Accountabilities :
- Increasing the range of and access to Local and Family History materials in libraries within Perth and Kinross.
- Overseeing the provision of Local and Family History services to the public, including helping researchers, answering enquiries and developing new approaches to enhance access.
- Developing connections with cultural heritage stakeholders and their users, including local history groups and local museums.
- Working in partnership with community groups and individuals, including the voluntary sector, to extend services and meet community needs.
- Managing Local and Family History’s volunteer programme and developing further opportunities for volunteering, internships and modern apprenticeships, as appropriate.
- Developing cataloguing, digitisation and volunteering projects to increase access to the collections.
- Overseeing the acquisition and cataloguing of new material for the collection in consultation with the Archivist.
- Overseeing preservation and conservation of the collection in consultation with the Archivist, using appropriate methods such as binding, microfilming and digitisation.
- Contributing to the development of the Local and Family History webpages, social media and other promotional opportunities.
- Contributing to CPK’s public programming, focusing on local history and family history resources.
- Line management responsibility for the Local and Family History team (3 people, 1.77fte).
- Managing budgets allocated to the section and preparing bids for funding, as required.
- Contributing to performance management, evaluation and service improvement planning activities.
- Contributing to wider team and service meetings as required.
- Providing management and information reports required.
- Participating in staff networking and training opportunities.
The post holder will be required to work on Saturdays and evenings as part of a rota to meet the demands of the post.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time depending on the requirement of the Service without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibilities entailed.
Conditions d’exercice :
- Job Type : This is a 12 months fixed term position in the first instance / Recrutement : contrat à durée déterminée de 12 mois dans un premier temps.
- Working Hours :
- 21 hours per week / Temps de travail : temps partiel, 21h/semaine.
- The post holder will be required to work on Saturdays and evenings as part of a rota to meet the demands of the post / Travail le samedi et parfois en soirée.
- Grade : TAS7 / Cadre d’emploi : groupe TAS7.
- Salary : £26,541-£29,957 pro rata / Rémunération annuelle : entre 26 541 et 29 957 Livres Sterling au pro rata.
- Location : AK Bell Library, Perth, and venues across Perth and Kinross, as required / Lieu de travail : poste basé à la Bibliothèque AK à Perth (Ecosse, Royaume-Uni), avec déplacements dans le comté de Perth et Kinross.
Applications are invited from people with a background in local history, family history, librarianship, or related disciplines. We are looking for someone with a customer and collections focused approach, who is able to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for local history with a wide range of users and will also enjoy progressing collections development activity within the department.
Applicants who do not have the full range of experience, but who demonstrate a good understanding of the requirements of the role are welcome to apply.
Job Specific Requirements : There is an expectation that short listed candidates will meet all the requirements stated below.
Knowledge & Experience :
- Degree or relevant equivalent professional qualification (minimum of SCQF level 8 or above).
- Experience of working with local history collections.
- Knowledge of family history sources and techniques.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused organisation.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of promotional work, public speaking and community based work and partnership working.
- Due to the need to work in multiple locations a current driving licence and access to a car would be an advantage.
Customer Care : Evidence of a commitment to providing a high level of customer care when dealing with colleagues, partners and employees.
Health & Safety :
- Able to carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with CPK’s Health & Safety Policy and relevant Health & Safety Legislation, including manual handling of heavy volumes and safe ladder procedures – training will be given.
- Must be able to cope with the demands of the job.
- Able to undertake risk assessments – training will be given.
Equality & Dignity at Work : Able to treat colleagues and partners in accordance with CPK’s policies on equalities and dignity at work.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Good presentation skills.
- Diplomatic – able to empathise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- A flexible approach to working hours and location to meet the needs of the service.
Achievement of Results :
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to deliver under pressure to strict deadlines and to set and meet targets.
- Able to process complex information accurately.
- Able to write clearly and concisely.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity; able to maintain confidentiality.
Team Working :
- Must be able to work as part of a team; developing, leading, supporting and challenging colleagues as appropriate.
- Must have a good understanding of how to motivate team working and develop a positive ethos within the service.
Decision Making & Problem Solving :
- Able to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Able to understand complex issues and apply associated procedures correctly.
Perth & Kinross Archive
A K Bell Library
Perth, PH2 8EP
Tel: +44 (0)1738 477022
Fax: +44 (0)1738 477010
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe you have what it takes to help us achieve success then please email email@example.com for an application pack (including Post Description).
- Merci d’adresser votre candidature par courriel à : firstname.lastname@example.org
- En incluant l’ensemble des formulaires de candidature : voir l’offre en ligne (site Culture Perth and Kinross), cliquer sur les fichiers Word à télécharger (en bas de page).
- Closing date for applications : 5pm Sunday 10 March 2019.
- Date limite de candidature : 10 mars 2019 à 17h.
- Please note interviews will take place on Thursday 21 March 2019.
- Veuillez noter que les entretiens se tiendront le jeudi 21 mars 2019.
Source : Culture Perth and Kinross.