- Poste : Archive Assistant (Museum Archive) / Assistant.e Archiviste (Archives du Musée).
- Employeur : Imperial War Museums, IMW London (United Kingdom), Collections & Governance Directorate, Museum Archive Department / Musées impériaux de la guerre, Musée de Londres/IMWLondon (Royaume-Uni), Direction de la Gouvernance et des Collections, Département Archives du Musée.
- Offre : recrutement contractuel jusqu’au 31 décembre 2019.
- Date limite de candidature : avant le 8 avril 2019 à 9h.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
We are one of the world’s leading authorities on conflict and its impact on people’s lives – from 1914 through to the present day and beyond. Our collections are filled with personal stories and experiences, inspiring powerful and often conflicting emotions. We aim to share these stories with as many audiences as possible across the world in a way that engages and challenges them, increasing understanding of why we go to war and the effect that conflict has on people’s lives. In other words, we expect our stories to change the way people think about war.
We rely on our staff to help us achieve this aspiration. You should be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies set out below, but equally we are looking for people who believe in what we do and who we are, and can treat every colleague, customer or visitor with respect, courtesy and honesty. We expect our staff to work flexibly and with enthusiasm. These are the qualities that make IWM such an extraordinary place to work.
Purpose of the job : This is a fixed term appointment to assist on a specific project in support of the IWM Accommodation and Storage programmes driven by the Transforming IWM London and Collections Storage strategy.
The objective is to prepare IWM Collections documentation (such as acquisition files) for their eventual move from office areas to dedicated archive storage, and the role will involve cataloguing files onto IWM’s collections management system and repackaging them for transfer. The tasks will be repetitive and to large extent involve data input, but require a level of concentration and careful attention to detail, contributing to a critical piece of work in support of IWM’s major priority projects.
The job will suit someone looking for a basic introduction to archive work or hoping to gain experience in advance of training as an archivist or records manager.
POSTE & MISSIONS :
Reports to Museum Archivist.
Key duties :
- You will be expected to work independently as well as across different teams in order to contribute to and deliver the priorities of IWM – using your knowledge, skills, talent and potential to the best of your ability.
- You will focus at all times on delivering excellent customer service, ensuring value for money while being professional, courteous and demonstrating the behaviours and attributes expected of all IWM employees.
- You will also adhere to all corporate standards, and use corporate systems as directed to ensure consistency of service, brand and operational stand
You will be expected to :
- Work across departments effectively, working with individuals, partners and where appropriate volunteers.
- Identify and implement learning and development needs for both yourself and colleagues, including volunteers, if appropriate.
- Comply with corporate standards, and use corporate systems, processes and procedures – and undertake any necessary training as directed.
Your duties will include :
- Cataloguing IWM collections documentation onto the Museum’s Adlib (collections management) system
- Repackaging and boxing files and preparing for transfer to new storage
- Labelling files and boxes to enable location and retrieval
- Identifying any conservation issues and reporting them to the Museum Archivist
- To provide support to visitors, contractors and IWM staff requiring access to the files being catalogued
- Liaising with Collections staff and others who work with collections files to ensure cataloguing meets their requirements
- There may be some additional archive-related duties as time allows
The post holder will be based at IWM London, although there may be occasional travel to other branches.
This job description is not all encompassing. Over time the emphasis of the job may change without changing the general character of the job. Your duties may be reviewed from time to time and revised and updated in consultation with you to reflect any changing priorities of these programmes.
Conditions d’exercice :
- Job Type : Fixed term.
- Contract : IWM Trading Company
- Duration : Up to 31 December 2019
- This vacancy is open to external and internal candidates. For new internal candidates (this includes staff employed directly by IWM and agency workers temping with IWM) to be eligible for vacancies you must have successfully completed your probation period or have been working with us for 6 months.
- Hours : 36 hours net per week.
- Grade : Grade 16, London.
- Salary : £19,094 per annum.
- Location : IMW London, Lambeth Road, London, SE1 6HZ, United Kingdom.
- Recrutement : contrat à durée déterminée de la IMW Trading Company, jusqu’au 31 décembre 2019.
- Poste pouvert aux candidatures externes et internes.
- Poste à temps complet : 36h/semaine.
- Rémunération annuelle : 19 094 livres sterling/an.
- Lieu de travail : Imperial War Museum, Londres, Lambeth Road (Royaume-Uni).
Benefits : The benefits listed below are discretionary and we reserve the right, with due notice, to vary or withdraw them at any time. All such benefits apply during the course of your employment in this post only.
- Our generous full-time equivalent annual leave allowance is 25 days per annum plus public holidays rising to 30 days after 5 years.
- Access to our Pension Scheme arrangements including employer contributions.
- 20% discount in all IWM’s on-site shops.
- A 25% discount in IWM’s cafes.
- Free entry to all IWM Airshows at IWM Duxford.
- Free entry to a large number of other museums & galleries and their exhibitions which we have reciprocal arrangements with.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity benefits dependent on length of service.
- Access to Child care vouchers.
- Access to our in-house training programmes and development.
- Access to an interest free season ticket loan scheme after three months service.
- Access to a Ride 2 Work Scheme.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, and Career Development Advice.
- IWM staff also have access to The Charity for Civil Servants services and support.
- Eligibility to join the Civil Service Sports Club, securing additional discounts and benefits.
- Access to social events run by groups with IWM.
Person Specification :
Essential criteria – How this will be assessed :
1 / Literate and numerate, with 5 GCSEs, including English and Mathematics (or equivalent) at Grade C or above. Good spelling and a good written English style – Application Form and Interview – Practical test.
2 / Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to remain focused while carrying out repetitive tasks – Application Form and Interview – Practical test.
3 / Proven ability to meet deadlines – Application Form and Interview.
4 / Ability to work independently with minimum supervision day to day, but also to work as part of a small team – Application Form and Interview.
5 / Demonstrable interest in archives or records management – Application Form and Interview.
6 / Understanding of the need for confidentiality while handling personal information – Application Form and Interview.
7 / Experience in using Microsoft Office, email and internet – Application Form and Interview.
8 / Practical experience of working in a records management and/or archive environment – Application Form and Interview
Desirable criteria :
9 / Practical experience of cataloguing archival collections – Application Form and Interview.
10 / Experience of using archive cataloguing systems, particularly Adlib – Application Form and Interview.
11 / Experience of preparing archival collections for removal to new storage, including identifying the most suitable packaging materials – Application Form and Interview Key competencies.
Key competencies :
12 / Personal Effectiveness – Application Form and Interview :
- Demonstrates an ability to understand priorities, manage workloads effectively and consistently deliver good quality work on time.
- Pays attention to detail and stays focused at key times.
13 / Learning Orientation – Application Form and Interview :
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning new skills and knowledge.
- Responds positively to opportunities to gain new experiences and improve own performance. Takes a broad interest in the museum and its aims.
14 / Digital Awareness : Works in a way that includes awareness and understanding of digital developments – Application Form and Interview.
15 / Teamworking – Application Form and Interview :
- Enjoys working in teams and offers colleagues plenty of support.
- Contributes ideas and listens carefully.
- Remains co-operative and tactful at all times.
16 / Encouraging Diversity – Application Form and Interview :
- Displays a commitment to fairness and equality for visitors and colleagues.
- Develops a growing awareness of the needs and perceptions of people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
17 / Customer Care Skills : Confident dealing with a wide variety of people; courteous, friendly and welcoming style of interaction and expresses themselves clearly – both orally and in written format – Application Form and Interview.
18 / Financial Awareness – Application Form and Interview :
- Works in a cost-effective manner.
- Makes efficient use of resources and adheres to financial rules and procedures.
RENSEIGNEMENTS COMPLÉMENTAIRES :
- If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacter par courriel le service des Ressources humaines du Musée : email@example.com
- Apply via our online application form (Click apply).
- Please note we do not accept only CV’s, you will be required to fill in an online application form.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 9 am, Monday 8 April 2019.
- Selection :
- The candidates who appear from their application to best meet the essential criteria will be invited to interview.
- It is thus essential that your application form gives a full but concise description of the nature, extent and level of the responsibilities you have held. The short listing criteria are detailed under the personal specification.
- Please ensure that you address each of the areas that are to be assessed on your application form.
- Interviews will be held on Friday 26 April 2019. Please note that the interview date(s) has been specifically chosen according to the availability of the panel. You are advised to keep this date free if you are interested in this vacancy. We are unable to reschedule interviews.
- We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application, in this instance, has been unsuccessful.
- Postuler en ligne (site de l’Imperial War Museum) : cliquer sur le bouton Apply.
- Pour votre candidature : veuillez noter que nous n’acceptons pas que les CV, vous devrez remplir un formulaire de candidature en ligne.
- Date de clôture des candidatures : lundi 8 avril 2019, à 9h.
- Sélection des candidats :
- Les candidats qui répondent le mieux aux critères essentiels du recrutement seront invités à un entretien.
- Il est donc important que votre formulaire de candidature contienne une description complète mais concise de la nature, de l’étendue et du niveau des responsabilités que vous avez précédemment assumées.
- Assurez-vous de renseigner chaque domaine du formulaire de candidature.
- Les entretiens auront lieu le vendredi 26 avril 2019. Nous ne sommes pas en mesure de reprogrammer les entretiens.
- Sans nouvelles de notre part dans les trois semaines suivant la date de clôture, nous regrettons de ne pas avoir retenu votre candidature.
Source : Imperial War Museum.