- Poste : Archives Graduate Trainee / Stagiaire Archives diplômé.e.
- Employeur : Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, Science Directorate, Library, Art & Archives Department, Richmond, United Kingdom / Jardins botaniques royaux de Kew, Direction scientifique, Département de la Bibliothèque, des Arts et des Archives – Richmond (Royaume-Uni).
- Offre : recrutement contractuel de 51 semaines.
- Date limite de candidature : 31 mars 2019.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
Kew is the world’s leading botanic gardens, at the forefront of plant and fungal science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a major visitor attraction. We want a world where plants and fungi are understood, valued and conserved – because our lives depend on them. We use the power of our science and the rich diversity of our gardens and collections to provide knowledge, inspiration and understanding of why plants and fungi matter to everyone.
Job Context : As the name implies the Library, Art & Archives are responsible for organising and managing Kew’s paper collections. The Archives Team manage the institutional collection of Kew’s historic record of activities, as well as collections and other documents relating to the history of botany and also the organisation of the modern records, some of which will eventually transfer to the Archives for permanent retention. The team ensures the provision of access to the information held within these records to the general public, as required by legislation, and also to Kew staff, enabling them to carry out their day to day work. The modern records function within the Archives team aims to ensure records across the institution are organised in an efficient manner suited to furthering the organisation’s business aims.
We have an opportunity for an Archive Graduate Trainee to join our team at the Library, Art & Archives department.
POSTE & MISSIONS :
- Post No : 12051.
- See Job Profile.pdf / Voir la fiche de poste complète : cliquer sur Job Profile.pdf.
Job Purpose : To deliver RBG Kew’s mission by :
- Assisting in managing the archival and modern record collections.
- Assisting in providing access to and making those collections available.
- Reports to : Assistant Archivist.
This is a one-year post for a trainee who intends to pursue a career in archives administration or records management. The trainee will assist with the full range of archival and records management activities, including dealing with enquiries and readers, repackaging and cataloguing, and will participate in several projects. Through these activities, the trainee will help to ensure that Kew meets the statutory legislation relating to information governance.
- Assist in the provision of public and staff access to archives, records and the Library Art and Archives collections, through reading room duties, document retrievals etc. (25%).
- Assist the Modern Records Assistant in the maintenance and provision of Kew’s Modern Record Service, through file creation, closure and destruction, filing, data entry in the modern records database and enquiries (25%).
- Deliver remote access to the archive collections through management of reprographics orders and assisting with enquiries received by post, e-mail and telephone (15%).
- Help ensure the preservation, maintenance and security of the collections, through repackaging and other preservation duties (10%).
- Promote Kew’s work and collections through the departmental blog, twitter and assisting with group visits (5%).
- Undertake project work to assist in the curation of the archive collections, including cataloguing and indexing (15%).
- Provide clerical support where necessary to help maintain the Library, Art and Archives collections and services (5%).
Financial Responsibilities : All staff are responsible for management of their own time and resources.
Conditions d’exercice :
- This vacancy is open to graduates (and those expecting to graduate in 2019) who intend to pursue a career in archives administration or records management.
- Contract Type : Fixed Term Appointment (FTA).
- Contract end date : 51 weeks.
- Hours of work : Full time.
- Salary : £21,527 per annum pro rata.
- Location : RGB Gardens, Richmond, United Kingdom.
- Poste ouvert aux diplômés (et à ceux qui espèrent obtenir leur diplôme en 2019) qui ont l’intention de poursuivre une carrière dans l’administration des archives ou la gestion de documents.
- Recrutement : contrat à durée déterminée de 51 semaines.
- Poste à temps plein.
- Rémunération : 21 527 livres sterling/an au pro rata du temps effectué.
- Lieu de travail : Kew Royal Botanic Gardens, Richmond, United Kingdom.
See Employee Benefits – RBG Kew.pdf – We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a broad range of Learning and Development opportunities, with access to the Civil Service training curriculum, generous annual leave entitlement for new starters, family friendly policies, a choice of competitive pensions and flexible benefits scheme.
Voir le livret Avantages des employés du RGB Kew : cliquer sur Employee Benefits-RGB Kew.pdf.
- You must have the ability to plan your own time, work independently, and use your own initiative.
- You’ll also need to have excellent written and oral communications skills, with experience of dealing with the public.
Education and Experience :
- Degree : Candidates should not be already professionally qualifie.
- Some but not significant experience of working in archives and/or records management (in a voluntary or paid capacity).
Desirable : Degree in history or history of science.
Skills and abilities specific to the job :
- Demonstrable interest in archives and records management work and intention to pursue a career in this field.
- Intention to undertake a professional qualification in archive administration or records management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan own time and work independently; use own initiative.
- Ability to work constructively in a team.
- Experience of dealing with the public.
- Excellent basic IT skills.
- Ability to handle large items and portfolios (training will be provided as required).
Competency : Essential (✓)
- Seeing the big picture.
- Changing and improving.
- Making Effective Decisions.
- 4.Leading and communicating.
- Collaborating and partnering. ✓
- Building capability for all.
- Achieving commercial outcomes.
- Delivering value for money.
- Managing a quality service. ✓
- Delivering at pace. ✓
- Closing Date : 31/03/2019.
- If you are interested in this position, please submit your application through the online portal, by clicking “Apply for this job”.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
- Please note that applicants must already hold the Right to Work in the UK as we are unlikely to be able to offer sponsorship for this position.
- Date limite de candidature : 31 mars 2019.
- Veuillez soumettre votre candidature via le portail en ligne en cliquant sur “Apply for this job” («Postuler à cette offre»).
- Kew Gardens s’engage pour l’égalité des chances et accueille les candidatures de tous groupes sociaux.
- Nous nous engageons à recevoir en entretien tous les candidats handicapés qui répondent aux critères essentiels du poste.
- À noter : les candidats doivent déjà détenir le droit de travailler au Royaume-Uni, car il est peu probable que Kew Gardens puisse proposer un parrainage pour ce poste.
IMPORTANT : la fiche de poste (cliquer sur Job Profile.pdf) doit être lue, datée et signée par les candidats, et adressée avec les autres documents de candidature via le formulaire en ligne.
Source : Kew Gardens.