- Poste : IFI Library and Special Collections Manager (LSCM) / Responsable de la Bibliothèque et des Collections spéciales de l’IFI.
- Employeur : Irish Film Institute (IFI), IFI Archive, Dublin, Ireland / Institut du Film irlandais – Dublin (République d’Irlande).
- Offre : recrutement contractuel.
- Date limite de candidature : 1er mai 2019.
[Annonce originelle rédigée en anglais]
EMPLOYEUR & CONTEXTE :
The Irish Film Institute (IFI) is Ireland’s national cultural institution for film. At the IFI’s historic home in Eustace Street, Temple Bar, our diverse audiences and loyal members enjoy our 3 cinemas, IFI Irish Film Archive’s research and access facilities, IFI Film Shop and IFI Café Bar.
The IFI has developed strategic objectives around three core activities :
- EXHIBIT Providing audiences throughout Ireland with access to the finest independent, Irish and international cinema.
- PRESERVE Preserving and promoting Ireland’s moving image heritage through the IFI Irish Film Archive.
- EDUCATE Providing opportunities for audiences of all ages and backgrounds to learn and critically engage with film through IFI Education.
Job context :
The IFI is the national body charged with the promotion of film culture. Part of the IFI, the IFI Irish Film Archive is custodian of the national moving image collection. The Special Collections in the Archive, comprising document and image material, provide primary research material on Irish moving image history. They include film posters, scripts, shot lists, stills, storyboards, correspondence, posters, brochures, publicity and production files; material is acquired regularly, primarily in a digital format, from Screen Ireland, the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, and the Arts Council with whom the IFI has archive partnerships. Lire la suite